How does the free trial work?
In the free trial, you get access to the full capabilities of the Store Operations Standard plan for 30 days. You get full access to the mobile and web app, support, and training resources. When the trial ends, you choose the plan that best fits your needs with a monthly payment. Most of our plans don't require a contract or commitment, and you can cancel at any time. You can upgrade or change your plan at any time too.
What is required to get started?
- Windows-based PC is onsite with internet access.
- PC must be connected to your POS system (most branded sites with a PC usually already have this done now – if not, we can help with the connection remotely in most cases).
- Currently scanning all cigarette and tobacco products and multi-pack promotions on the POS system (for the scan data solution).
- Schedule an installation appointment with one of our experts. You’ll be prompted to book this meeting after you sign up for your CStore Essentials account.
Are there any contracts?
There is no commitment or contracts needed for our Scan Data Basic or Store Operations Standard plans. All charges are month-to-month, and you can cancel your account or change your plan at any time. For our Tobacco Loyalty Plus plan, it is a 2-year contract.
How can I get help when needed?
We want to help you use our products to their full potential. For any questions you have, you can:
- Visit our Help Center.
- Fill out the form above, give us a call, or set up a screen share so we can better solve your problem.
- Attend weekly training that includes:
- Free online webinars on a variety of products.
- One-on-one web-based training.
Which handheld scanners does PDI CStore Essentials support?
We support several scanners and configurations, from camera-based to Bluetooth and laser scanning. Here are some recommendations to help you choose the right device for you:
- Mobile phone camera (Good) - You can use our free app with the camera on your iPhone or Android to do all the functions you can from most handheld scanners.
- Socket Bluetooth Scanner (Better) - Attach the Socket Scanner to the back of your mobile device for faster, more ergonomic scanning. Approximate price: $275
- CipherLab RS30 Laser Scanner (Best) - Use a dedicated mobile handheld scanner for super-fast results. Approximate price: $850
Is my data secure and backed up?
Yes. PDI CStore Essentials uses the same technology that online banks and brokerages use to transmit your data over the Internet. We automatically back up your updated data every day and maintain two copies of your data at any time. Your data is stored safely on firewall-protected, redundant servers, protecting it from viruses, hackers, and hardware and software failures.
What hardware items do I need?
At the very least, you will need a computer. If you want the pricebook feature, you will need specific cables to connect your back office computer to your POS register. Click here for the Ethernet Cable and here for the USB to Ethernet converter.
What happens if the internet
If the Internet connection at your location is down, you won't be able to access your PDI CStore Essentials account. However, your POS register will still be available, and you will be able to use it as usual.